Diagnosis and treatment of gynecological diseases
Our services include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of sexually transmitted diseases.
- Contraception advice, including IUD insertion.
- Diagnosis and treatment of infertility problems.
- Diagnosis and treatment of gynecologic endocrine diseases.
- Prevention and resolution of menopausal problems.
- Gynecologic ultrasound.
Expecting a baby is the most beautiful time in a woman’s life! Here is what the state program covers during certain weeks of pregnancy:
- Consultation with a gynecologist (or a GP or a midwife if prenatal care is provided by one of them).
- Laboratory tests (e.g. complete blood test, urine test).
- Fetal ultrasound.
- Determination of body mass index.
- Checking the fetal heartbeat.
- Other services.
An ultrasound test can be performed during the first visit, to immediately start the treatment. Gynecologic ultrasound allows you to check:
- thyroid gland.
Exercising is an integral part of successful preparation for childbirth. Here are the benefits of exercising during pregnancy:
- Eliminates back discomfort, swelling of the legs and appearance of varicose veins.
- Improves the strength and flexibility of the pelvic floor and abdominal muscles thus reducing the prolapse of internal organs.
- Relieves the body of excessive tension.
- Helps to learn deep and rhythmic breathing, as the baby receives as much oxygen as the mother inhales.
- Helps the body to adapt to the gradually increasing load as the baby grows.
- Improves well-being, boosts the immune system.
Special exercises are an effective remedy for various postnatal issues, helping to restore and rejuvenate a woman's body. We recommend starting group exercising 2 months after childbirth. To achieve the desired results, you may need to attend classes regularly for at least 3 months. Then, you can get back to your favourite sports activities (aerobics, shaping, jogging, etc.) Women of any age with a grade I uterine prolapse are also welcome at these classes.
Therapeutic massage (also available during pregnancy)
- Neck (20 min)
- Lower back (20 min)
- Abdomen (20 min)
- Chest (40 min)
- Upper back (25 min)
- One arm and shoulder (15 min)
- Both arms and shoulders (30 min)
- One leg (20 min)
- Both legs (40 min)
- Full back massage (40 min)
- Full body massage (90 min)
- Head massage
- Cup massage
- Gua Sha massage
- Segmental massage
- Both arms (40 min)
- Both legs (50 min)
- Abdomen (20 min)
- Back + abdomen (30 min)
- Face and décolleté massage (40 min)
Therapeutic exercise classes are led by physiotherapists and are available both individually and in groups.
- Full body massage in the side-lying position.
- Gives positive emotions and improves well-being.
- Relieves back, leg, shoulder and arm pain as well as headache.
- Reduces swelling, cramps and tingling.
- Reduces anxiety, fatigue and tension.
- Improves skin tone and its elasticity.
- Improves the quality of sleep.
- Helps to prepare the body for labour and birth.
Ingrīda Šilberga medical practice in gynecology and obstetrics meets the accessibility requirements for public buildings. People with reduced mobility, as well as wheelchair and pushchair users, can easily enter and move around the clinic. Entrance:
- Patients can enter using a ramp.
- There is a call button on the 1st floor by the door to call the staff if you need assistance.
- LBN 208-08 “Public buildings and structures” with a clear width of at least 1.5 m and a door leaf width of at least 0.9 m.
- There is a specially equipped toilet room for people with reduced mobility and wheelchair users.
- The building has elevators.
- Building entrances and rooms are equipped with easy-to-read signage and well-lit visual information.
- The first and last steps of the staircase are marked with a 5 cm wide bright contrasting yellow stripe across the entire width of the staircase.
Physicians on-call and emergency care
Rīgas veselības centrs (Riga Health Centre) Kaņiera iela 13, Riga, 67252525, 27858832 For children Working days: 15:00–21:00 Saturdays: 08:00–15:00 Kapteiņu iela 7, Riga, 27004973 For adults and children Spulgas iela 24, Riga, 67677671, 20004252 For adults and children Sēlpils iela 15, Riga, 26432164 For adults Imantas 8. līnija 1, k-1, Riga, 20044579 For children Working days: 15:00–21:00 Saturdays: 08:00–15:00 Latvijas Jūras medicīnas centrs (Latvian Maritime Medicine Center) Melīdas iela 10, Riga, 67340442, 67098400 For adults and children Working days: 15:00–21:00 Saturdays: 08:00–15:00 Veselības centru apvienība (Union of Health Centers) Anniņmuižas bulvāris 85, Riga, 67411464 For adults Working days: 15:00–21:00 Saturdays: 08:00–15:00 Lāčplēša iela 38, Riga, 67280614, 67286673 For adults and children Working days: 15:00–21:00 Saturdays: 08:00–15:00
- Saharova iela 16, Riga, 67136971, 67136979 For adults Working days: 15:00–21:00 Saturdays: 08:00–15:00
- Bērnu klīniskā universitātes slimnīca (Children’s Clinical University Hospital): Vienības gatve 45, Riga, 67064499; Juglas iela 20, Riga, 67536758
- Paula Stradiņa klīniskā universitātes slimnīca (Pauls Stradiņš Clinical University Hospital): Pilsoņu iela 13, Riga, 67069341
- Rīgas Austrumu klīniskā universitātes slimnīca – Ģaiļezers (Riga East University Hospital – Gailezers): Hipokrāta 2, Riga, 67041001, 67042424
- Rīgas 2. slimnīca (Riga 2nd Hospital): Ģimnastikas iela 1, Riga, 67614033
- Traumatoloģijas un ortopēdijas slimnīca (Hospital of Traumatology and Orthopaedics): Duntes iela 22, Riga, 67399440
- Rīgas Dzemdību nams (Riga Maternity Hospital): Miera iela 45, Riga, 67011300, 67011263
- Rīgas psihiatrijas un narkoloģijas centrs (Riga Psychiatry and Narcology Centre): Tvaika iela 2, Riga, 67080142